Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Site Updates

Site Updates

Fri, 02 Dec 2005 13:05:40 -0600
R102196
4 years ago
Ted

thanks for the update and the PM about attaching files to blogs the other day, that is a nice feature.


R102208
4 years ago
anthony

Thanks a lot Jessey. Great work.

GNNers: If you’re interested in starting an investigation (and being an editor), send me a private message. Actually, don’t send me one right now because it we’re having some problems with the PMs. But think about it and check back here where we’ll let you know when we have the PM function up and running again. It shouldn’t be long.


R102215
4 years ago
yeshappysteady

great…but where are the colors?


R102216
4 years ago
Darios

“Anthony is working with some other people on getting a couple more investigations started and tested before launching.”

“If you are of a higher-rank than Conscript, you will also see additional fields for submitting evidence”

What I’m getting from this is that our ability to take part in, or even initiate, investigations is dependent upon rank.

Can you clarify this please?


R102218
4 years ago
ShiftShapers

thanks for all your work jessey. i have one suggestion. on the “view my” things, you should take out the user image, since it’s the same for each one. then more can fit on a page and the list will look more consolidated. good work though. peace.


R102219
4 years ago
ShiftShapers

Darios – i gave it a test. see one of my last few blogs to see a file linked in at the top.


R102221
4 years ago
Darios

Shift – you’re ranked as a ‘capitan’.

I want to know what us grunts will / will not be able to do.


R102223
4 years ago
BingoTheClowno

You’ll be able to feel inferior…


R102224
4 years ago
Alias

Thanks Cinis


R102225
4 years ago
ShiftShapers

Darios – do whatever the hell you want to do. i’m not too into the points & rank system.


R102235
4 years ago
BingoTheClowno

Forgive my sarcasm but, is cinis a 4 star general?
I mean it seems that this ranking system is against the fundamental principles of this site (fairness, equality).

Post Modified: 12/02/05 15:02:54

R102261
4 years ago
cinis

I would really rather not get into the ranking system at this moment, but to touch on your concerns…

The investigations are going to be open to anyone, not just high-ranked users. We are just trying to get some investigations started and people agreed to lead the investigations prior to launch.

As for uploading files, we limit it to one level up because right now we need to both watch our resources and make sure that people are not abusing it by posting up to 5mb files on the site all day long. We may eventually open up the file posting section to anyone, but for now that is how it needs to be.

To touch on ShiftShapers comment about the blog images showing up in the “view my blogs” page… This is shown because it is the same page as the site-wide blogs index page, only the query filters out anything but the chosen user’s entries. I may hack it apart later to exclude the image, but right now I have more pending things to finish up.


R102265
4 years ago
themightyowl

good stuff


R102305
4 years ago
i742

“It’s made out of people!”

ORLY???


R102309
4 years ago
Snark


R102350
4 years ago
scooter

Thanks for all the hard work on the site!

I think almost everyone here appreciates what you provide for us. Thank you!

Also, I would love to work on an Investigation into all the intelligence reforms under the current administration, starting the day of Bush jrs. inaugeration. (I would keep my sources credible, and try not to include misleading material or language)

Post Modified: 12/02/05 19:21:09

R102351
4 years ago
Darios

Thanks for the clarification Cinis. It is good to know that everyone will be able to start and take part in the investigations. I look forward to seeing the facility.


R102524
4 years ago
disgruntled

Great news and glad to hear from you. You should write a bit more often. Not enough people give you credit.


R102990
4 years ago
anthony

FYI: We’ve updated the FAQ and the Contact pages.


R118953
4 years ago
zirkonyx

yay! the investigations are coming…hopfeully soon?


R118975
4 years ago
fennec

heh, missed this thread…2 months, and I was actually excited reading the blog. hahaha


R148195
4 years ago
sisyphus

A new section of the site called “investigations” will be going up shortly

define “shortly”


R148203
4 years ago
YT_

Judging from the date on the blog I would say shortly = at least 5 months and counting. R U There jessey? Anthony? Somebody?


R148205
4 years ago
Snark

heh, awesome.


R148206
4 years ago
sisyphus

Apparently, jessey has been to disneyland, palm springs, and boating with spiderman since this was posted. Busy guy.

snark – your links don’t work

Post Modified: 04/13/06 18:02:54

R148207
4 years ago
Snark

Nah, I had images posted there, but they must have cut them off.


R148209
4 years ago
sisyphus

I thought they were intended as a joke. You know, laugh at the idiot trying to click them.


R148210
4 years ago
sisyphus

YO, CHECK THIS NEW WEBSITE OUT!!!!!!


R148218
4 years ago
YT_

boating with spiderman

fuggin A dude, I wouldn’t bother with the site then either, in that case.

but like maybe in his spare time or something…

that Investigations thing…

c’mon jessey, make spiderman proud

R148222
4 years ago
JesusHChrist

Yea. Yeah even Tom Cruise can get stuff accomplished. He got a South Park episode banned from the air, using only his Tom Cruise smirk. I would think S and A would be able to do something similar to get their names out there. I am the Way.


R148223
4 years ago
sisyphus

good point


R148228
4 years ago
Tom

Jesus. I’m sure you’d like to believe that it was only my smirk that brought those South Park boys down, but you couldn’t be more wrong. This actually surprises me a bit, because I thought you were all knowing, but let’s skip that for now. The fact is I have a team of Scientologist Lawyers (the best kind) at my beck and call. Anytime I see fit I can sue someones pants off, especially if it is someone making light of me and my religion. So why don’t you stick to the fables and the beattitudes and fuck right the hell off. Hmmm?


R148229
4 years ago
YT_

Jessey, finish it right the fuck now or the raccoons are going to get you.

This is not a threat, this is a warning.

.


R148239
4 years ago
sisyphus

jessey, they know you have a doggie


R148252
4 years ago
YT_

Tina Turner will stand laughing as the ‘raccoons’ devour the remants of your pathetic soul…


R148255
4 years ago
yeshappysteady

One of them took down my milkman the other day…


R148259
4 years ago
YT_

Don’t let them fool you.


R148260
4 years ago
yeshappysteady

I also caught one stealing milk out of one of my cows. (a little known fact about Texans is that everyone is required to knwo at least one cow and one person of alternative lifestyle)


R148262
4 years ago
YT_

This is what you look like when they’re done with you


R148263
4 years ago
sisyphus

maybe the raccoons could finish the site:


R148264
4 years ago
sisyphus

Fuck, I was doing some raccoon research and found that amazon.com sells furs :(


R148265
4 years ago
YT_

fuck I bought a book from them today :( indeed

they’re gonna die


R148266
4 years ago
yeshappysteady

holy shit sys! what a find!


R148273
4 years ago
YT_

Btw, the book I ordered is called Stalking the Wild Asparagus.

Do you have that one, sis?


R148274
4 years ago
Memnoch01

Raccoon fur coat? What the fuck?


R148276
4 years ago
YT_

I knwo… fuck Amazon. That’s the last thing I buy from them.


R148277
4 years ago
sisyphus

I’m not familiar with it, but it looks interesting. Added to interminable to-read list.


R148278
4 years ago
sisyphus

R148284
4 years ago
sisyphus

A good alternative to amazon.com – Powells


R148288
4 years ago
yeshappysteady

Weird (ironic?) that this thread kind of turned into an investigation

Post Modified: 04/13/06 20:21:24

R148290
4 years ago
sisyphus

And here I was feeling bad for ruining the fun.


R148293
4 years ago
YT_

It’s not that weird it just goes to show that Jessey needs to get off his fucking ass and do what he said he would. Sis, thanks for the reminder about Powell’s, I even got a friend that works there = discount.


R148301
4 years ago
yeshappysteady

fucking water bump


R148302
4 years ago
YT_

word


R148369
4 years ago
yeshappysteady

Clit45 bump


R148370
4 years ago
YT_

oh yeah, rub that


R148376
4 years ago
yeshappysteady

( { ; } )

Post Modified: 04/14/06 01:53:23

R148381
4 years ago
sisyphus

I saw a huge fucking raccoon sneaking around my hood on my walk – sneaky evildoer.


R148382
4 years ago
YT_

probably huntin’ for jessey…


R148385
4 years ago
sisyphus

he got lost then


R148392
4 years ago
YT_

yeah well they have agents everywhere… jessey is FUCKED

DON’T THINK THEY WON’T FIND YOU IN LA JESSEY!


R148520
4 years ago
sisyphus

darios – I look forward to seeing the facility


R148525
4 years ago
YT_

Where’s my coffee, Jessey?


R148529
4 years ago
yeshappysteady

You looking for some candy? I ain’t got yo candy. knowhatimsayin?


R148534
4 years ago
YT_

try to stay on topic, nomad


R148543
4 years ago
YT_


R148549
4 years ago
Darios

Sis – “darios – I look forward to seeing the facility”

I have only one thing to say as an addendum:

...............


R148555
4 years ago
sisyphus

you think if we bang this thread long enough anyone will notice and offer an unsatisfactory explanation for the delay?


R148556
4 years ago
sisyphus

me either


R148558
4 years ago
yeshappysteady

I propose an investigation of the missing investigations section. Now we just need to find some way to coordinate it…


R148643
4 years ago
YT_

An angry mob of Gs approaches Jessey’s venice beach hideaway…


R148677
4 years ago
yeshappysteady

Start Bid: $100
Current Bid: $100
Current Bidder: None
Total Bids: 0

Post Modified: 04/14/06 20:06:07

R149221
4 years ago
sisyphus

maybe in the GNN store


R149222
4 years ago
sisyphus


R149225
4 years ago
Shogo

Fuck, I was doing some raccoon research and found that amazon.com sells furs

Not exactly. Amazon is serving as a facilitator between their users and a furrier in New York. Signing up for an account to sell your stuff via Amazon is pretty simple to do.

Blaming them for the actions of another company is fairly weak, IMO.

Amazon is quite democratic in terms of what they’ll sell. PETA has merch on there as well.


R149254
4 years ago
sisyphus

Not exactly. Amazon is serving as a facilitator between their users and a furrier in New York. Signing up for an account to sell your stuff via Amazon is pretty simple to do

You’re right, amazon isn’t directly selling furs. They do, however, knowingly make money from fur sales and that is enough reason for me to choose not do business with them.


R149259
4 years ago
Shogo

What makes you think it’s knowingly? And why does that get your dander up any more than this?

Or this?


R149262
4 years ago
fennec

What makes you think it’s knowingly?

From sis’s link:

Not long ago, I was a devoted Amazon.com customer. I used the site constantly and even had an Amazon.com credit card. That is, until I learned that Amazon.com sells many items made from animal fur. I immediately contacted Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon.com, to express my concern and received a reply from the company’s customer service department that, while they appreciated my business and opinion, they would continue to sell merchandise made from rabbit and other animals.

Post Modified: 04/16/06 20:13:40

R149266
4 years ago
Shogo

I’d want to see an exact quote. Secondhand info isn’t worth much to me.


R149270
4 years ago
Shogo

I guess you guys probably shouldn’t use FedEx or UPS then, either. Probably also shouldn’t buy gasoline. I’d also research which restaurant chains furriers eat at, since those guys are also profiting from the fur trade.


R149312
4 years ago
sisyphus

Foie gras too, lovely. I have no problem with hunting books though – totally different.

What makes you think it’s knowingly?

I emailed about it. If amazon.com, with its 12,000+ employees, was somehow unaware then they no longer should be.

I guess you guys probably shouldn’t use FedEx or UPS then, either. Probably also shouldn’t buy gasoline. I’d also research which restaurant chains furriers eat at, since those guys are also profiting from the fur trade

By degrees – and you have to pick which things are easily dispensible of course. So far as I can see, Amazon is engaged in primary, knowing profiteering from the practices of fur farmers and dealers and I would prefer to not support them (I actually haven’t used amazon in years). A restaurant is much farther removed, probably unknowing, and would be impossible to find out about anyway.

I am not calling for a boycott or judging anyone who does choose to use amazon. I do think that being informed about where you spend your money, and letting a business know when you think their practices are bullshit (for what little that is worth) are good ideas though.

As for gasoline, I think I know where you are going with that one. Yes, I am a hypocrite just like everyone else here (though in a different way than most) – we all do what we can and pick our spots.


R149314
4 years ago
YT_

seen jessey?


R149317
4 years ago
sisyphus

I think he is working on new stolen shirts.


R149319
4 years ago
YT_

I thought he had chinese slaves make them.


R149322
4 years ago
sisyphus

mexican I think


R149323
4 years ago
Shogo

I think Amazon is pretty much fine with selling anything. It’s part of their mission to be a home to basically everything under the sun. If you were more familiar with Amazon’s API, you’d realize that in all likelihood no serious decision maker there knows that people are bothered that furs are sold. They have what is essentially an automated system in place that allows merchants to list goods in Amazon’s electronic storefront, which then uses Amazon’s system to collect payment and user shipping information, then transfer funds to the seller, along with that shipping information.

There isn’t any human interaction at any step of that chain.

It would be an interesting experiment to set up a bogus business selling something really reprehensible, and see how long it will take before it gets removed.

I’m not necessarily championing Amazon – I just know that their shit is really automated, and it may well be that the fur stuff is under the radar.


R149326
4 years ago
sisyphus

It would be an interesting experiment to set up a bogus business selling something really reprehensible, and see how long it will take before it gets removed

Indeed.

I’m not necessarily championing Amazon – I just know that their shit is really automated, and it may well be that the fur stuff is under the radar

Fair enough, we’ll see what they have to say if they get back to me – I emailed the general customer service and CCed the alleged Bezos account as well.


R149334
4 years ago
yeshappysteady

Where’s the ??


R149350
4 years ago
Padraigh

“it seems that for every registered user reading an article or headline, there are 1000 unregistered users viewing it. Keep up the great work!”

Does that mean if you release a blog and have comments from 10 registered users that 10,000 people have read the blog?


R149358
4 years ago
YT_

yep


R149362
4 years ago
sisyphus

more


R149368
4 years ago
Padraigh

really, some of OP’s blog had over a 100 comments. I find it hard to believe 100,000 + people read some of OP’s blogs.


R149795
4 years ago
sisyphus

random myspace dork:


R150722
4 years ago
sisyphus

you think anthony will see this?


R150727
4 years ago
YT_

anthony who?


R150729
4 years ago
sisyphus

hmmmm

this is still on the gnn server:


R150730
4 years ago
anphonie

me?


R150732
4 years ago
Snark

Eeeeexcellent.


R150734
4 years ago
anphonie

That’s Anphony, I’m anphonie. The Anphony you all know and love is gone, Anthony deleted him so you’re stuck with a lame rip-off.


R150735
4 years ago
sisyphus

weak



R150737
4 years ago
YT_

sucks


R150739
4 years ago
anphonie

I went ahead and posted that pic on my blog page as a homage to the great one.

Post Modified: 04/19/06 20:13:31

R152417
4 years ago
sisyphus

anphonie is gone too


R152425
4 years ago
Anphony_

Good riddance!


R157110
4 years ago
YT_

huh


R157113
4 years ago
sisyphus

dude jessy is busy, at Coachella


R157120
4 years ago
YT_

lucky bastard


R157121
4 years ago
sisyphus

Yeah, he at least took pictures for us.


R157123
4 years ago
YT_

fuggin A


R157130
4 years ago
sisyphus

will i get banned for exposing jessey as a member of Gorgeous Photographs of Men on MySpace user group?


R157139
4 years ago
YT_

u neverknwo


R157143
4 years ago
sisyphus

I like the design


R157355
4 years ago
YT_


R157537
4 years ago
yeshappysteady

that’s just…wow…


R157541
4 years ago
YT_

I like this one


R157548
4 years ago
sisyphus

the design

Post Modified: 05/05/06 00:31:45

R157552
4 years ago
YT_

Yeah, if you go to myspace you can see the whole pic without it being cut off on the right side by a big black bar.


R158327
4 years ago
Namaste_Rich


R158332
4 years ago
sisyphus

that is badass.

too bad no .gifs for avatars.


R158338
4 years ago
Twitch

somewhere between trent reznor and flood…maybe.

edited for non applicability

Post Modified: 05/04/06 23:43:05

R160674
4 years ago
yeshappysteady

Yeah, that doesn’t really apply because I heard Trent Reznor has genitalia.


R160675
4 years ago
YT_

You can verify that?


R160677
4 years ago
yeshappysteady

I heard it’s tiny but it’s definitely there. (My friend peed next to him and he said that he was standing like four feet back from the urinal drunkenly spraying it everywhere.) Now as far as Cinis not having any genitalia, I would have to confirm that with Anphony.


R160680
4 years ago
Anphony_

DON’T BE RIDICULOUS! OF COURSE JESSEY HAS GENITALIA! HOW THE BLOODY GODDAMN HELL DO YOU THINK THIS WHOLE MESS GOT STARTED? CAN WE CHANGE THE SUBJECT!? HAVE A HEART.


R160682
4 years ago
sisyphus

remember this?


R160683
4 years ago
Anphony_

Very strange looking genitalia, however.


R160684
4 years ago
yeshappysteady

“remember this?”

Yeah whatever happened to “Justin” “becoming more involved” with GNN?


R160685
4 years ago
Anphony_

I’m not saying I didn’t like it.


R160686
4 years ago
sisyphus

like a hyena?


R160688
4 years ago
sisyphus

I think he is busy at his myspace page


R160689
4 years ago
yeshappysteady

Ah yes the thread where Tlaloc flips out.

“sorry fen pointing out you guys have turned into a bunch of spoiled toddlers isn’t bitching, it’s a fact nowadays. I have this dim recollection of you not totally sucking ass, try to do that a little more, kay? Ditto Xen. Ditto Darios. Josh is a lost cause so i won’t worry about him.” —Nanny Tlaloc


R160690
4 years ago
sisyphus

I love the nostalgia


R160692
4 years ago
Anphony_

Can Jessey read this?

Jessey, if you can read this, PLEASE GET BACK TO WORK IMMEDIATELY ON OUR NEW SITE UPDATES AND FEATURES OR YOUR FIRED! HERE ME? YOUR FREAKISH GENITALIA ISN’T GOING TO GET YOU THROUGH THIS ONE, PAL.


R160693
4 years ago
sisyphus

I was serious about that hyena question anphony – you ever see that shit?


R160694
4 years ago
fennec

My word. That was good. That was when even impostors of impostors were funny.


R160695
4 years ago
sisyphus

I bet zoo-man knwos what I am talking about


R160697
4 years ago
yeshappysteady

“Explain to me how being an anarchist is any excuse for being a shitface?” —nomadrock

Shit I was still kinda funny back then. Those were the days.


R160698
4 years ago
fennec

Ah, kinda like a spider monkey.


R160700
4 years ago
fennec

Do I need to spell it out for you fucktards?

*ELONGATED CLITORIS*

Let us stop talking about Jessey’s pseudo-penis and start talking about his active mammaries.


R160699
4 years ago
Anphony_

OF course i’ve had sex witha lot of Hyena’s, regular dogs, and horses. I have seen it all so don’t try to shock me. To answer your question: Yes


R160704
4 years ago
sisyphus

yeah, they birth thru it too


R161458
4 years ago
sisyphus

The forum anchor links are black currently – does that mean Jessey is on the job?


R163841
4 years ago
sisyphus

apparently not

fuck


R163843
4 years ago
YT_


R165215
4 years ago
Dubya

howsabout we have an interim


R165216
4 years ago
Dubya

crickets chirping

fu

Post Modified: 05/18/06 21:00:53

R165218
4 years ago
Dubya

kin hell. triple bump post. uh. thrump. thrumple.

bumplestilskin

rumplestilskin

rumpled4skin.

Post Modified: 05/18/06 21:05:13

R165233
4 years ago
YT_
:

R165370
4 years ago
Darios

“I love the nostalgia”

SHUT THE FUCK UP”

hee. hee.


R167317
4 years ago
YT_


R167318
4 years ago
sisyphus

I peed there


R169991
4 years ago
YT_

looks like a good place to pee


R171204
4 years ago
Agustina

Jessey doesnt want to be my friend in myspace


R171535
4 years ago
YT_

he’s out of your league, agu


R171543
4 years ago
yeshappysteady


R171545
4 years ago
AreolaSharon2

You guyz should start a Jessey’s Scrapbook thread.

This thread is for site updates.

Being that Jessey had a difficult enough time crafting(?) together the pagination to begin with, turning this into a multiple page thread is only going to make his abilty to find the ‘post reply’ box on this one that much more difficult.

I just thought of something else. Perhaps he forgot his password. Anyone ever think of that?


R171546
4 years ago
sisyphus

anphony told me jessey doesn’t want to be his friend either agustina


R171547
4 years ago
sisyphus

Perhaps he forgot his password

you think it is princess?


R171548
4 years ago
AreolaSharon2

you think it is princess?

If not, it certainly has to start with a P.

Mmmmm … code cracking kit tyme.

Post Modified: 05/31/06 20:00:04

R171555
4 years ago
sisyphus

hell yeah


R171565
4 years ago
yeshappysteady


R171567
4 years ago
Shogo

That’s just wrong.


R171570
4 years ago
Shogo


R171571
4 years ago
yeshappysteady

that kid has gotta be underage…


R171573
4 years ago
AreolaSharon2

Jessey’s password …

Pink Phorbes.


R223066
4 years ago
hfx_ben

Sidebar: I’ve been busy with stuff like administering Josh’s blog. I’m the guy who usually sets up the coffee machine, or edits the Press Releases til 3AM. Or maintains the web-sites. I’m busy … which means I haven’t pressed the flesh with you guys. (Saw you on TV this summer … nice!)

Peek http://bentrem.sycks.net/gnodal/ if you have a moment.

cheers
ben

p.s. Indy Docs wiki is back online.


R259603
3 years ago
Reblyellr

a grant of $62,500 in 2006 by the multi-billion dollar (and CIA-connected) Ford Foundation gets you lots of upgrades

http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publish/article_1600.shtml


R259604
3 years ago
ill_logik

this thread is gold


R281270
3 years ago
BurningMonk

in case you haven’t noticed it yet, you can “digg” and “rate” articles now…


R398091
4 months ago
sisyphus

bump?


R398092
4 months ago
sisyphus


R398093
4 months ago
FloydAnderson

R398099
4 months ago
aganunitsi

R398118
4 months ago
desultory01

That picture of Anthony is priceless, I’m not sure if it’s possible for a person to look more constipated than that. So that’s where they’ve been, they left us for twitter. Can’t really blame ‘em, twitter is teh hawtness. Still a new article once in awhile would be nice. Someone needs to tweet the fuck out of Stephanie and get his attention.


R398119
4 months ago
desultory01

Floyd, I nominate you.


R398120
4 months ago
desultory01

Scary…

http://twitter.com/jcinis

Post Modified: 09/09/09 10:23:24

No comments:

Post a Comment