Monday, November 16, 2009

Guerrilla Camping Appendix A - A BlackPackliography

Guerrilla Camping Appendix A - A BlackPackliography

Thu, 09 Feb 2006 15:21:35 -0600
R123244
4 years ago
Namaste_Rich

Good to have you back, BP.

I imagine silver is pretty busy at the moment. I wouldn’t give up hope on a book entirely. Perhaps he’ll read your blog and respond.

Until then, keep writing – and I’ll keep reading.

Peace


R123246
4 years ago
NoGodsNoMasters

Hooray! He’s back!


R123255
4 years ago
Agustina

welcome back :)


R123256
4 years ago
Number5Toad

nice to see you back.

silver’s working on a book of his own right now and has been in and out of the country a lot – in fact i’m pretty sure he’s out of the country right now. i’m sure it’s frustrating, but i wouldn’t give up on him just yet.


R123261
4 years ago
Namaste_Rich

Oh! This idea just popped into my cranium…

GNN G Sander (Sander Hicks) is the owner of a New York City cafe called VoxPop. He’s a Micropublisher.

Check it out – here

I’m sure you can PM him (or email him over at Vox) with questions about publishing as well…but like silverback…I’m sure he is very busy too – with running for Governor of New York and all. May be worth a shot.


R123456
4 years ago
zirkonyx

good to see you back


R123488
4 years ago
eepicheep

Yes, it’s good to see you back! Rich & Toad are certainly right about silver, and Sander is worth approaching but he is also very busy. Don’t give up. In an ideal world, you would have gotten a hasty email saying sorry, busy, later or some such, but I wouldn’t take it personally that you didn’t.

I can help by proofreading, if that will help you. I’m going to be busy myself for the next couple of weeks, so I wouldn’t be able to give you super-quick turn-around time for the whole body of work, but PM me if you’d like. =eep


R123494
4 years ago
Snark

Good to see you back. I’ll also seriously offer my help with proofreading…though I’m not technically a writer, I do a lot of science writing and I’ve learned some tricks. Send me a PM if you’d like to discuss it further, but keep me in mind.

Used a few of your tricks backpacking in Canyonlands- my compadres were much impressed with my mad mountain man skills. I had to give credit where credit is due, naturally.


R123517
4 years ago
ShiftShapers

there’s a link to a pdf download of el Ché‘s “Guerrilla Warfare” on the “currently reading” list on my profile page, for anyone interested


R123519
4 years ago
ShiftShapers

here are a few publishers/distributors you might want to consider for a Guerrilla Camping book:

AK Press
Monkeywrench Books
Haymarket
Tarantula
autonomedia
Alive and Awol
Beating Hearts Press
Repressed Distro
Paladin Press
~ more…


R123651
4 years ago
next

God damn I would buy it. Get a petition up or somthing. I would sign it for sheezy.


R123824
4 years ago
quellmywhelm

AHHHH! Thank you!!


R123838
4 years ago
BlackPacker

Snark, It’s great to hear people using the knowledge. Hearing that seriously made my night.

Thanks for all the offers to proof. I will try and get the third revision down ASAP and send it off to you guys. I’m pressd for time right now, but will PM you all later.

Shift, thanks for the leads. I know paladin and AK press, definately going to check out the others.

Everybody, Thanks for the warm welcome back.


R125560
4 years ago
hagcel

The Ranger’s Digest series of handbooks is fun, but only really useful while you are still in the military. MRE bag shower shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archived GNN Threads